? ??????????????Dark Tree? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (11 Ratings)??163 Grabs Today. 4477 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Spring Showers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (6 Ratings)??144 Grabs Today. 5309 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Cop CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One year ago....

One year ago today, Sisi burnt her little hand so bad on our fireplace. It was the saddest thing ever. To be a mother and watch your child suffer so badly and there is nothing you can do to help them is the worst thing about being a mother.

Here is her hand then....



Everywhere her hand is white is where it got burned (which is her whole hand) and where you see the red is where they tore off her blistered skin:(

Healing...

That middle part was obviously the worst part. It took about 3 months for it to fully heal. We took her the the U of U burn center once a week for a month for them to treat it.



This is how we had to wrap her hand everyday.


And this is her hand today...
It looks so great. It's hard to tell but her only scar is across her hand where the arrow is! Not to bad. She has full range of motion in her hand to:)

I have NOT turned no that dang fireplace since!!

8 comments:

Sharstin said...

it looks so good now! That is great that it is healing so well~ she is so cute!

Lindsey Rose said...

Oh that is so sad! Her hand really loooks great though, it is amazing what they can do! Glad she is all better!

~adelle said...

What in the world? I bet that was so sad. Isn't it wonderful that their little bodies are so good at healing? Seriously, keep that fireplace off. It is dangerous!

Marietta said...

oh ouch! I bet that was gutt wrenching for you, I'm so sorry! No little one or mommy should have to go through that! Glad it's all healed up and that she has full use of her hand :)

Kara said...

Ow wow I didn't know that happened. Poor little thing, I bet that was so hard for you guys to go through. I can't believe how good it looks now though. She is so darling!

Kenzie said...

WOW it looks great, I am glad she is doing well and not to bad of a scar.. you guys are such great parents :)

The White House said...

Oh my word I had no idea, It looks so painful, I heard your little boy hasnt been doing so hot either, hang in there, I think of you often.

The Steel's said...

Oh my gosh, that totally happened to Tate when we first moved into our house. He had major burns like that, so sad! We still use the fireplace, but it is scary!